I've been running an intensive perl sockets app (multi-daemons) on Windows and Linux, in parallel, since 2015.  Same code of course, except for using Strawberry perl on Windows.  Since early 2020 the Windows code has hung randomly 3 times, in the sockets code as far as I can tell - once in https, once in smtp, once accessing another port, so it appears protocol independent and most likely at the socket level.  These are true hangs, with the app idle, not crashed, as if waiting for a missed signal/mutex somewhere.  First time in 5 years.  Linux code has never hung this way.

Makes me wonder if one of the Win10 updates forced on me by MS in early 2020 changed something in Windows sockets that now causes a new problem in Strawberry perl sockets code somewhere?  Random every 2-3 months so extremely hard to troubleshoot.  :-(   Anyone seen or know of such a recent issue?

TIA,

Jim Eshelman