Wednesday, June 30, 2021 6pm EDT (UTC-04, thus UTC 2200) JOINT MEETING

Boston.PM is invited to again join Charlotte PM's virtual meeting
Rob "CmdrTaco" Malda talks Slashdot, Perl, moderation, and more!

Hosted by Jason C. & Charlotte Perl Mongers

*Details* Join us on June 30th for a special event featuring Rob "CmdrTaco"
Malda, founder of Slashdot, as he talks about the quirkiness of Perl that
led them to build Slashcode using our favorite language, the challenges of
scaling Slashdot in the early days, and how they built up a system to deal
with bad actors. We will leave time for Q&A at the end, but feel free to
send your questions in advance of the talk.

*Rob Malda*, aka *CmdrTaco*, founded *Slashdot* in his dorm room at Hope
College in the late 1990s, and with that, broke new ground in news
aggregation and social content moderation. He's also the host of Geeks in
Space, and a a maker of wooden pens.

Thanks to *Knowmad* (https://knowmad.com) for sponsoring our Zoom presence
for this meeting, and to Boston.pm for cohosting the meeting with us. (And
thanks to Charlotte PM for arranging this and inviting us!)

NOTE: Our speaker has asked that you *leave your cameras on* for this
event. Also, he has a hard stop at 7:30, so please be prompt. There will be
time for socializing after the talk. Look forward to seeing you all!

*Logistics* - get link here <https://bpm.qualitybox.us/bpm/Calendar>
just-in-time or via MeetUp(.)com
<https://www.meetup.com/charlotte-pm/events/278713405/>

as seen on Twitter