> On Feb 22, 2022, at 12:12 PM, em...@greglondon.com wrote:
>
> ok, so, I need to read in some numbers from a file.
> Numbers need to allow integer, float, signed/unsigned,
> as well as supporting decimal, hex, binary, octal.
>
> Extra level of annoyance: using modules from cpan is difficult.
> So, if it can be pure perl, all the better.

You might look at Regexp::Common on CPAN. I know that you can’t use it
directly, but it has a lot of tested regexes, and I don’t think it updates
frequently. So you could probably either just pull the correct regexes out (or,
it looks like, make it generate them for you), or just include the whole
module, kit and caboodle, in some local lib directory as a part of your project?

Ricky