Boston Perl Mongers (Boston.pm)
<https://www.meetup.com/Boston-pm/>
Tuesday, May 10, 2022  7:30 PM to 9:30 PM EDT
Every 2nd Tuesday of the month (on JITSI)
Using Perl's Twitter::API

Bill Ricker, inspired by Ricky's talk on archival web scraping last month,
revisits the *Twitter::API*.

One script is a daemon used to automatically retweet useful announcements
posted to a monitored Twitter account. The other will archive a Twitter
thread in text format (and can safely be re-run when the tread gets
longer). It avoids depending on a 3rd party service, which use tracking,
ads, and might disappear, to host the archived thread.

This is a virtual meeting.
Run this Perl code to generate the JITSI secure URL , or check the MeetUp
listing, or DM me.

perl -MDigest::SHA=sha1_hex -MPOSIX=strftime -le 'print strftime
"%Y/%m/%d week %U", localtime; $date=strftime "Y%Y W%U", localtime;
print $date; print
"https://meet.jit.si/BostonPM-".sha1_hex("BostonPM".$date);'

If this URL doesn't work in Firefox, try Chrome/Chromium. (Next month I'll
crop the hash so it works with Firefox!)

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1...@gmail.com