Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 23:47:45 -0400
From: Bill Ricker <bill.n1...@gmail.com>
To: "Boston Perl Mongers (announce)" <boston-pm-annou...@pm.org>,
        Boston Perl Mongers <boston-pm@pm.org>
Subject: [Boston.pm] Tech meeting Tuesday July 9 (this week)

Tuesday July 9th, 2024 - feature class proof of concept
- 7.30 EDT topic start (7.00 gathering chatter)

I?ve been experimenting with Perl v5.40?s *feature class* and its prototype
Object::Pad and some recently updated modules, e.g. Data::Enum latest
supports match::simple::sugar which together provide a replacement for what
I liked in the doomed given-when hypermatch. Getopt::Declare isn?t exactly
recent but I like it. Perl::MinimumVersion?s perlver is also cool.
If time permits, a couple of interesting recent posts can be shared.
? *Bill*
------------------------------

This is a JitSi meeting. The secure URL will be computed by this command
(valid only during that week):

perl -MDigest::SHA=sha1_hex -MPOSIX=strftime -le 'print strftime
"%Y/%m/%d week %U", localtime; $date=strftime "Y%Y W%U", localtime;
print $date; print
"https://meet.jit.si/BostonPM-".substr(sha1_hex("BostonPM".$date),0,12);'

(and will likely be posted here just in time, but to avoid spammers, won?t
be posted on public social media)

(See Boilerplate <https://boston.pm.org/#boilerplate> below for additional
how-to etc.)

--