On Tue, 15 May 2007, Chris Browne wrote:

> Thanks Michael. I heard about on the ABC and was appalled. Sometimes we 
> can comfort ourselves in the coccoon of our moral superiority until you 
> see a woman pilloried in Australia for dumping a baby. The reasons 
> perhaps why seem to have escaped the possible attention of the shrieking 
> right including our PM. I never thought I'd be saying thanks to Jeff 
> Kennett! Chris

The economic subjection of women, and its sequelae, in most of the 
developing world is still one of the great tragedies of history. The 
idea that it is somehow responsible for public shock at "dumping" a baby 
in the affluent developed world is one that only a committed ideologue 
could believe.

FC


 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boysed/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boysed/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to