Hi Anne and list!
The funny thing is, it's still connected to Bookshare.
What I don't get is the fact that, 1 it downloads the first book just fine. 2 it does everything else right; that is, it lets you go back and go to the next book etc. When you enter on that, you get the book info for that next book and everything. When trying to download however, you get part way into the download apparently, and then the machine says "Failed to download.
I find that if I retry, I get a message saying "Unknown url.
Go figure.
By the way, I still have that problem of my keymail not recognizing anything in my address list, that is, when I go to write an email and get the "send to" prompt and I enter anything in there, it tells me the name is not found in the address list, even though I can access that name quite well when in the address list.
Is there something I can do so I can get this all squared away?
thanks in advance for the help

Richard, trying solve 2 puzzles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ann K.  Parsons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Braillenote List <[email protected]
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:02:07 -0500
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] Incomplete download confirmed by
Bookshare.org

Hi all,

This is a difficult week to get a hold of vendors because they're
all
at CSUN.  I'd try next week.

If the problem isn't with bookshare, then must be in the BN?
Could
something in the BN be timing out somehow?  I mean, if you're
downloading files, what happens is that the sender sends packets,
and
the receiver receives them. If there is a buffer in the
receiver's
machine, when it gets filled, there is a period of time when
packets
are stopped from being received.  Could something be triggering a
"hang-up", a disconnect or something?  I mean if you only get a
partial file, that means that the connection on one end or the
other
has broken for some reason.  It sure is a puzzler.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K.  Parsons
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
Skype:  Putertutor
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT


___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote



___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to