Hello Sharon and everyone, well the good news is that I'm finally able to get on the internet and send and receive emails. LOL. In the end I believe it was the WEP key. For some reason I had to do the same process several times before it worked. Anyway, now I'm trying to get into my network. It doesn't seem to like anything I do there. Sharon, if you or your brother can remember what you had to do I would be much appreciative for the info. Also, if anyone else has any ideas, please pass them along.
Thanks very much for your response so far.

Sincerely,
John


----- Original Message -----
From: sharon on pk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Braille Note <[email protected]
Date sent: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:35:59 +1100
Subject: re: [Braillenote] Connecting to the internet,receiving
and sending emails with wireless card.

Hi, i had the same problem when trying to connect my PK to the
internet on thursday with my new wireless card.  My brother and I
had to do allot of fiddling around with the settings before we
could get me connected.

Firstly we turned off all security settings and then I could
connect, so we knew it was possible.  In the end I think it was
the wep key that we played around with and finally got it
working.  So now I can send mail using my PK like I am doing now,
because my computer isn't receiving mail now and I have to get my
brother to look at it.

The next thing I had problems with was accessing the network but
after allot of trying last night we got that working to.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions just ask and I'll
see what my brother can remember us doing.

From  Shaz

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to