Hi Nikki,
Couple questions:
* When you go to Braille Terminal, what port did you select?
* What version of JAWS/Window-Eyes are you using?
* Did you select "ActiveSync" service?
* Is your Bluetooth dongle turned on?
CHEERS,
Joseph P.S. These were questions that a technical support folk
might ask you.
----- Original Message -----
From: Nikki B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "Joseph Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date sent: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:57:14 -0500
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] Blue tooth help needed please
Hi Joseph,
I still have the documentation you sent and I really appreciate
it. I do have the correct com port chosen so I don't know what
is
going on.
Nikki B.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "'Nikki B'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date sent: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 18:36:31 -0700
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] Blue tooth help needed please
Hi Nikki,
Did you select the correct Com port that is associated with JAWS?
(If you
want, I'll repost my original Bluetooth documentation)
Cheers,
Joseph
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Nikki B
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:42 PM
To: Braille note list
Subject: [Braillenote] Blue tooth help needed please
Hi again all,
OK, I now have a blue tooth dongle and things are almost working
I think but
I am still not quite there. (grin) I am trying to figure out
how
to get the
BN to work as a braille display for my desktop PC. I can get the
BN and PC
paired but even when I go to the Braille Terminal mode and
restart Jaws,
nothing happens.
Well, OK, something does happen but it doesn't work as a braille
display. It
pauses for a while and then says something like "Serial port is
not
available " and then says "Operation completed successfully". I
may not have
these quotes exactly right but that s the general gist of what
the BN tells
me. When I restart Jaws, It still says no braille display is
active even
though I chose the Braille Note and then restarted it. Any
suggestions? I
feel like I am so close but am missing something somewhere.
Thank
you very
much for any help.
Sincerely,
Nikki B.
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a copy to
the list as
well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote