Earlier today I made some changes to a database file I created on my VoiceNote BT running KeySoft 7.5 build 29. When I went into the Keybase folder on the flash disk and looked at times and sizes of the two associated files, there was something wrong with the times, they were not the same or even close. The CDB file showed correct time for when I last accessed and modified the database but the Keybase Definition file showed 6 hours later the same day. At the time I checked those files, it was only a couple hours after I originally added information to the database, so was still some 4 hours before the time given on the Keybase Definition file. The only answer I could come up with to explain this time discrepancy was that the CDB file was being time stamped with my correct local time but the Keybase Definition file was being time stamped with UTC time. A friend who called this time anomaly to my attention lives one time zone east of me in the central time zone and his files were 5 hours apart instead of 6, like mine, which sort of makes me think the UTC time stamp on the Keybase Definition file is a valid guess. I think this time difference only shows up if you modify the database because later in the day I opened but did not modify it and that changed the time of the CDB file but not the time of the Keybase Definition file. Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy and reported it to Humanware so they can deal with it before KeySoft 8 gets out the door?
Richard Ehrler
___ Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a copy to the list as well. To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
