Hello Paul.

You ask, what are internet news groups.

It is a service called Usenet, and when I was on the Demon internet system, using the programme NetTamer, there was an e-mail option called Usenet.

It allowed you to pick up a list of news groups, such as one on disability and blindness, and many on personal column type issues. You name it, and there was a news group about it.

You could set up an e-mail option called news.demon.co.uk, and I know these groups could be accessed from other internet providers. However, there doesn't seem to be a news group option on Voice Note, and when I tried treating it as an e-mail programme and entering news.btinternet.com, to link in with my present service provider, it would not work.

I am wondering if any other Voice Note or Braille Note user is on any news groups, and, if so, can they tell me how they set up their system to access these.

PETER WILKINS.

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to