Leslie, just one more thing, to settle my confusion. The way you describe your modem makes me think it is a router modem built in one. If that is the case, you don't need to buy a router. When you have your wireless card in, using the modem you have, press Option, C A to get to the details connection. Tell me what your signal strength is. If it's good, it should be minus 30, maybe a little higher. Also, how does your IP address read? If you've been able to get out all this time, I don't know that I'd buy a router. Did your service provider provide you with this modem? If so, I'd ask them about replacing it. Like I said, I need to satisfy my confusion.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leslie \(USIW\)" <[email protected]
To: "'Rhonda Stogner'"
<[email protected]>,<[email protected]
Date sent: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:18:19 -0500
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] PK and Router

Rhonda,

Thank you for reply my email.

I have CF WiFi Card in my PK. It connects to City-Wide WiFi.
They work good
for the emails and internet. They can not do with low strength.
It happens
very often. I called support about the trouble. She suggested
me to have
router.  I have wireless modem which could connect to the router.

My question is how could PK connects to the router?

I have no knowing with the router.

Leslie--

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhonda Stogner [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:23 PM
To: Leslie (USIW); [email protected]
Subject: re: [Braillenote] PK and Router


Leslie, am I assuming you are using dial up now? I didn't think
you were.  The PK will use a WL Ambicom 1100 Cf wireless card.
Yes, you would need a router, and it depends on what you are
using, whether it be DSL or what.  Maybe I've forgotten what you
were using; I'm getting old, big grin!


----- Original Message -----
From: "Leslie \(USIW\)" <[email protected]
To: "'Braillenote List'" <[email protected]
Date sent: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 20:50:22 -0500
Subject: [Braillenote] PK and Router

The tech.  support of the USI Wireless told me that I need a
router.  Now I
ask you How could my BN-PK connects to the router? By serial? Or
by
bluetooth? Or what?

Leslie--


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to