Hi, I was put onto a web site which is located in Australia which still sells the card that works with the PK. However I placed my order on Thursday and got a message that it would take two working days with the postal methord I selected and then on Monday I got a call sayint that they were out of stock and were waiting for a order, was I happpy to wait another seven to ten days? Of course I said I was happy to wait because it is the only card that worked with my computer.
They also cost allot less then the last one I got through Humanware. >From Shaz. BN QT MPower and PK user ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vicky Collins" <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:47 PM Subject: re: [Braillenote] turning off WiFi Yes, grin, who knows, but I've taken to turning wireless off before removing the card as well. And, I've also stopped leaving my card in the BN for long periods of time so it won't get so hot. I finally got around to purchasing the Ambicom WL 54 G card a couple of weeks ago, as my original card had died sometime back. And, man, those card packages are hard to open, took me about fifteen minutes of trying, with some use of the scissors and some hard work in pulling apart the package. So, with these cards getting so hard to find, I wonder what the folks running the PK are doing? I'm guessing they're having to get their cards pretty much from Humanware, while we running the mPower can still find our cards at such places as Amazon, at least for now. > ----- Original Message ----- >From: Rhonda Stogner <[email protected] >To: JD Townsend <[email protected]>, [email protected] >Date sent: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:52:51 -0500 >Subject: re: [Braillenote] turning off WiFi >I asked the Universal Low Vision Aides a question like this. I >was told that basically, a card just doesn't die, unless it's not >a good card in the first place. Who knows? I'd think you'd not >need to do it. >> ----- Original Message ----- >>From: JD Townsend <[email protected] >>To: [email protected] >>Date sent: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:28:15 -0400 >>Subject: [Braillenote] turning off WiFi >>Hi All: >>I have taken to turning off WiFi from the >>connectivity menu after using it and before removing >>the card. Somehow in my mind I've gotten the idea >>that this will prolong the life of the card. My >>question is: am I insane? I've never seen >>anything in the manual or on this list to suggest >>this behavior, yet I do it. Perhaps only overly >>cautious? Or, is there some reason for my madness? >> JD Townsend >> Daytona Beach, Florida, Earth >>Helping the light dependent to see. >>___ >>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. >>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a >>copy to the list as well. >>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to >>[email protected] >>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit >>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote >___ >Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. >If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a >copy to the list as well. >To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to >[email protected] >To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit >http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote ___ Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a copy to the list as well. To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to [email protected] To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.34/2268 - Release Date: 07/28/09 06:00:00 ___ Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a copy to the list as well. To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to [email protected] To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
