I've been reading all of the posts regarding HW's need to catch up with "the real world".

I was very happy with my old VN. I am an avid reader who belongs to Bookshare. When they changed things on their site that was the kick in the pants I needed to get a new machine.

There are many features on the mpower that I enjoy. I enjoy the portability and ability to check e mail, and, for the most part, I enjoy the media center.

All of the weird error messages drive me crazy. Most recently I get a "data misalignment" message. What the heck is that?

I am extremely fortunate that the organization I work for bought this for me. One of the features that was very important to them (and me) was the ability to sinc with my OutLook calendar, etc. Now I'm reading that this does not work. As usual, I thought it was just me since I am not particularly technically minded. As I haven't been able to get Keysinc to work. My schedule has been such that I haven't had a chunk of time to get tech support. I will when I have time.

Although I enjoy the media center it's disappointing that I can't create play lists from various folders. It is also disappointing that I have not been able to find a site that I can stream.

The other thing is that my organization was told that this mpower would work with our company's exchange server, This has turned out not to be true. I don't believe we were lied to, I think it was incompetence.

I agree that the spell checker is awkward and limited. My spelling is pathetic so this is a feature very important to me.

One more thing that drives me crazy (my husband says "drive? you're looking for a parking spot, Ah true love. grin) is the on line manual. Whoever created the index feature should be ashamed of themselves. I'm sure that no less than a dozen times I've looked up something in the index only to find that there is no info there. What I mean to say is that I find the topic but when I go to read about it there is nothing.

I don't think this machine has lived up to what their brochure states on their web site. I have not made a big deal about it because when it comes to technology I always figure I'm doing something wrong. As I read what everyone else is saying I'm realizing that perhaps it's not just me.

I can't tell you how many times during a session I have to reset this machine for any # of reasons. It's annoying but I'm grateful that most times the reset does the trick.

I guess the bottom line for me is that on 1 hand I enjoy this machine. And at the same time I'm disappointed. I have a very busy life so usually I just move on and focus on things that are really important to me and the issues I have with this machine fall to the background.

The manager of our I T dept is no longer with us, otherwise I'm sure he would be hopping mad about the misinformation he was given about what this machine is supposed to do.

So there you go. Perhaps 2 cents is too much. grin I know this message is full of mixed messages but that's how I feel. Very mixed about this product. Perhaps a lap top would have been a better choice.

Kim

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to