I'm glad you don't have to send the unit back to HumanWare. However, this
problem should have been discovered during beta testing.
I've been a HumanWare customer since 1995, and the company has changed over
the years and I'm afraid these changes are for the worsst not for the best.
Terri Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peggy Kern" <[email protected]>
To: "Braillenote" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 11:55 AM
Subject: [Braillenote] USB Progress
Hi, all. Gabe from Humanware called me today. I plugged in my card
reader, after doing the various resets and stuff, which I'd already done
on my own, with the same result: The Apex just sat there. We started
talking and puzzling and wondering and thinking, and after about a minute
or two, the Apex suddenly said "hard disk ready". So it appears to be an
issue with the Apex taking a while to recognize the USB connection, rather
than a problem with the USB ports, thank God! I really didn't want to
send the unit in after just getting it. So until they figure out a way to
get faster recognition, I just need to be patient with the Apex I guess.
This was using a card reader with a two-gig CF card in it, so I imagine to
get my Western Digital Passport 80 gig drive to work, I'd have to plug it
in before going to work on Monday, and maybe by Friday it would be
recognized. <grin> We tried the Passport, but it just clunked for a
while, and never got recognized. Gabe is going to see if they can put a
.zip version of the update on the website so I can get it. If they can,
hopefully the update will speed things up. If they can't, I guess I'll be
at this build of Keysoft 9 for the rest of my life. <grin> I'm trusting
they'll be able to get it up, and I'm so relieved that I don't have to
send the Apex back in!
Peggy
http://kernsac.livejournal.com
http://facebook.com/kernsac
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
signature database 4755 (20100108) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
signature database 4760 (20100111) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote