I unzipped the HTML file, selected it, copied it to the
clipboard, went into my computer, went to drive h which is my
SAID card, and pasted the folder there. It took quite a while
copying it on to the card, which I expected. I took it out, put
in in my Apex, went to file manager, directory, chose SAID card,
found the folder, opened it, and it said there were no items.
This is the second time I've done this. I did chord x but even
then it showed no hidden files. The first time through, I called
tech support and was told that it probably didn't load correctly,
even though it showed the files on the card when it was in my PC.
So I deleted the file, which took quite a while, which in and of
itself, shows that it was there, and did it a second time with
the same results.
To say the least, I'm frustrated! What else can I do?
Allison
----- Original Message -----
From: "HumanWare Technical Support" <[email protected]
To: "Allison Fallin" <[email protected]
Date sent: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:52:09 -0500
Subject: RE: RTF files on the Apex
So, just create a folder and put all of the HTML files into it.
Then
you can open them in KeyWeb. But, here's a way that is easier.
Go to
file manager and then to Directory. Find the folder containing
the
files. Find the file you want to read and press the enter key.
It will
open in KeyWeb. Much easier than opening KeyWeb and trying to
find the
file.
Myrna Votta
Technical Support Specialist
HumanWare
1 UPS Way Champlain, PO Box
800 NY 12919 USA
T. 800-722-3393
F. +1 888 871 4828
www.humanware.com
................................................................
.......
................................................................
.......
.........................
The power is in your hands
-----Original Message-----
From: Allison Fallin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:10 AM
To: HumanWare Technical Support
Subject: Re: RTF files on the Apex
The Apex.
----- Original Message -----
From: "HumanWare Technical Support" <[email protected]
To: "allison fallin" <[email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:09 AM
Subject: RE: RTF files on the Apex
Yes, but, are you talking about using the files with the Apex or
the
Stream? Also, are the files HTML? If it is the Apex, just put
them in
any folder, or you would probably create one called Bible. If it
is the
Stream, then they go inside the $VRText folder.
Myrna Votta
Technical Support Specialist
HumanWare
1 UPS Way Champlain, PO Box
800 NY 12919 USA
T. 800-722-3393
F. +1 888 871 4828
www.humanware.com
................................................................
.......
................................................................
.......
.........................
The power is in your hands
-----Original Message-----
From: allison fallin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:47 AM
To: HumanWare Technical Support
Subject: RE: RTF files on the Apex
I assume that I unzip the file when I get it and then copy it to
my SAID card?
Allison
----- Original Message -----
From: "HumanWare Technical Support" <[email protected]
To: "Allison Fallin" <[email protected]
Date sent: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:13:05 -0500
Subject: RE: RTF files on the Apex
Hi Allison,
RTF files are tricky, especially if the files were originally
Word
files, saved as .rtf. You could have received the Bible in HTML
format
and opened the files in KeyWeb. If you have problems opening an
HTML
file in KeyWeb, call and we'll show you how to do it. Also, if
you have
a Stream, (I can't remember if you do have one), HTML is a great
format.
The files go into the $VRText folder. They are better than .txt
format
because you can navigate by heading.
Myrna Votta
Technical Support Specialist
HumanWare
1 UPS Way Champlain, PO Box
800 NY 12919 USA
T. 800-722-3393
F. +1 888 871 4828
www.humanware.com
................................................................
.......
................................................................
.......
.........................
The power is in your hands
-----Original Message-----
From: Allison Fallin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:25 PM
To: HumanWare Technical Support
Subject: RTF files on the Apex
Hello,
I received a zip RTF file which I unzipped and copied to my SD
card and
put
on my Apex. When I opened the folder there were no files. I
called
tech
support and was told to open the file in Word Pad, hit enter a
few times
and
then save it as a TXT file. I did that, but there were all kinds
of
paragraph marks throughout, not to mention the hassle of doing
this
for 66
files, (it's a Bible). Is there any way to do this so that I
have a
readable file? I could have gotten the Bible as an HTML file,
but I
know
the Apex doesn't read those either. Any help, with step by step
instructions, would be much appreciated.
Allison Fallin
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of
virus
signature
database 4890 (20100223) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of
virus
signature database 4890 (20100223) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote