Hi,
Actually, it is already there - what is the purpose of logarithms? To find out how much power a number needs to be multiplied in order to reach a certain number. For instance: log2 8 means how many times 2 needs to be powered to get 8 - which is 3. Using KeyPlus terms, as it was explained, would be:
l 8 slash l 2, ENTER, which gives 3.
I (or someone) could write a small program for you (if you like) - and there is already a program function that allows us (programmers) to do that; however, I think it would be more beneficial for you if you learn that there are many ways of writing a math expression... (Hint: what would be the fractional version of square root?)
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joseph

----- Original Message -----
From: "dreicer, zachary" <[email protected]
To: Braillenote <[email protected]
Date sent: Sun, 02 May 2010 20:15:56 -0600
Subject: [Braillenote] logarithm (keyplus) revisited

Hi all,
  my math class final is in two weeks or so.  I was wondering,
for higher mathematics, if a future version of keysoft would
support logarithms other than lN, e, and 10.  For example, having
the ability to type in a letter command (maybe O?) for the begin
calculation log5 3 =.6826.  So, to make this a bit easier, ...
you can not do log5 3 =.6826 currently.  I'm suggesting this for
the future.  I think I'll cc support so they're aware of this
suggestion.

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to