Hi,
I think there are bible websites which could accomplish what you are looking
for (like Bible Gateway). As for general encyclopedia, I believe Wikipedia
is a good one but it is somewhat slow.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of michele
thredgold
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 4:55 AM
To: BRAILLENote List
Subject: [Braillenote] Bible Encyclopedias for the BN

Hi everyone.  This is for the techies like Joseph and Alex who 
understand how the BN functions.  Are there any encyclopedias, 
particularly Bible encyclopedias but I am also speaking in 
general terms, which would be compatible with the BrailleNote? If 
not, would it be possible to create scripts or software to make 
them compatible or would it be necessary to start from scratch?

As a Christian, I would particularly like to get hold of a Bible 
encyclypedia Bible dictionary and/or concordia which I could use 
on my BN, because of the Braille display and the portability.  
This would make it possible for me to study the Bible in more 
depth.  However, I would also like to get my hands on an ordinary 
encyclopedia for when I'm reading a book and a subject comes up 
which I don't know much about.  I think it would give me a deeper 
knowledge and understanding of the world.  Again, I would prefer 
it to be BrailleNote compatible for the same reasons.

I hear that Wikapedia is a good source for various materials but 
I don't know either whether the website is BrailleNote friendly 
or how to navigate it.  I don't even know the url.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks.

Michele

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to