Correct, you cannot do this with a VoiceNote. However, I heard about
an interesting device recently that is small and designed for use with
iOS (via bluetooth). I understand it to be useful for one-handed
users, but I could be wrong. It is by Mobience, and not yet in the
U.S. Here is a page with a link to a podcast about this device:
http://www.blindbargains.com/audio/

There is also the EasyLink, a bluetooth braille keyboard for iOS and
other devices. It has no braille output, but is therefore quite cheap,
relatively speaking.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)