Hey Jessica,

Labels are analogous to folders in Gmail. You can't have traditional folders in Gmail, but your labels essentially act like folders. The only difference is that you can assign an Email to more than one label at a time. But if you want to use labels as you would use traditional folders, then simply be sure that no message is assigned to more than one label.

You can also set up filters so that messages are automatically assigned to labels based upon certain criteria. For example my BrailleNote List emails are assigned to a label called BrailleNote; my Viphone list Emails are assigned to a label called Viphone, and so on. Then in addition, all those Emails are assigned to an additional label called Lists, so that I can quickly access Email from any list. This makes searching for Emails very easy to, because for example, if you wanted to search for a particular Email but did not want to see any list Emails in the search results, you could simply enter as your search query, "sample search -label:lists". The dash lets Gmail know that you want to exclude something from your search, in this case your 'Lists' label.

Hope this helps,

Grant

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
braillenote-unsubscr...@list.humanware.com
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote