Hi List,

After reading some of the list archive last night, I was happy to find that copying the computer braille and unicode files from my MPower to the Apex made the Unicode characters display correctly on the Apex. One slightly annoying thing about this though is that any characters you haven't previously made assignments for on the MPower still don't work. Before I moved the files over, I'd tried the proposed solution of deleting the unicode file and the computer braille table files I use, and then going backspace with R in Support Information Mode to reinstall them but that had no effect.

Anyway, today I thought it would be fun to take advantage of the way the Apex can display one symbol with a few dot combinations together (like the nemeth degrees symbol). But my BrailleNote shows up some really weird table of symbols on the Braille display when you try to do the display assignments ... Which was fine for the degrees symbol, and the next one I tried which happened to be less-than or equal to; but with greater-than and greater-than or equal to in nemeth, where you have dot 4-6, dot 2 (and dots 1-5-6 for the greater-than or equal to) I can't get past the dot 4-6. The Apex seems to think that dot 2 is a tab indicator (and incidentally that the letter c is a tab as well) .. This issue is rather hard to explain as I have no idea why it acts like this, probably easiest if you are able to have a look for yourself. Any ideas for how to make anything you want to have a c or dot 2 in the display of work? And if that problem doesn't happen for you guys, any idea of where I can change a setting to get rid of the bug?

Thank you!

Best wishes,

햕ne

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
braillenote-unsubscr...@list.humanware.com
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote