From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22...@gmail.com
To: braillenote@list.humanware.com
sent: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:26:30 -0700
Subject: [Braillenote] Reminder: Tenth BrailleNote Chat for April 14, 2012

Hi,
Below is a message from one of the listers regardthe the next
user chat scheduled for Saturday, April 14, 2012.  In addition to
this, the instructions on how to join our chat via phone and is
provided:

Message from Chris:
Hi everyone,
 A few times every year, a group of users of the BrailleNote
family of notetakers get together to talk about topics related to
the BrailleNote.  We discuss topics discussed on the BrailleNote
list serve, suggestions for future KeySoft upgrades, the status
of the BrailleNote in comparison to its competition, including
other notetakers and accessible mainstream technology, issues
users are having with their BrailleNotes, etc.  For a long time,
only users who had a PC, a sound card, and a microphone could
participate in our chats.  However, the Web site development team
for the BrailleNote Users Web site has found a way to solve this
problem.  Now, starting with the 10th BrailleNote chat, which
will be held on April 14, BrailleNote users who don't have a PC
can participate in the chats using their phones! We will be using
the Conversation Station phone chat line for this purpose.  The
10th BrailleNote Chat will be held tomorrow, April 14.  Here are
the times for each session.
 First Session, using Conversation Station phone chat line: 2 PM
Eastern, 1 PM Central, 12 PM Mountain, 11 PM Pacific
Second Session, using the Blind Cool Tech chat room at
wwwddblcooltech.com for the PC: 8 PM Eastern, 7 PM Central, 6
PM Mountain, 5 PM Pacific.
 If you would like to join us for the Conversation Station
session
of the chat, these are the instructions to get into our chat
room:
 1.  Shortly before the meeting is scheduled to start, call
616-883-2999.
2.  You will hear music indicating that you have called into the
Conversation Station.  Press pound to jump to the main menu.
3.  From the main menu, press 1 for live chat rooms.
4.  When prompted for the room code, type in 284 and press pound.
5.  You will hear a welcome greeting from me about the
BrailleNote chat room.  After this greeting, you are asked to say
your name after the beep.  Say your name after the beep and press
pound.  You are now in the room.
 Notes:
 1.  To mute and unmute your phone at any time during the chat,
press star 1.
2.  To exit the room at the end of the call, press 0.
3.  Be aware that this call will be recorded for posting on the
BrailleNote Users Web site and on the Conversation Station's
recorded calls listing.
 We look forward to hearing from as many BrailleNote users as
possible during this BrailleNote chat! All users are welcome,
regardless of your experience with the BrailleNote! Anyone
interested in the BrailleNote who is not a user is also welcome!
I hope to see you there!
 Thanks,
 Chris Nusbaum
 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7
 Sent from my BrailleNote

Joseph's addition:
For those who'd like to join us via Talking Communities: The room
can accomodate up to 25 pddThe use of microphone is optional - if
you don't have a mic, you can use text chat window and one of us
will read your texts.  If you have a mic, then you're welcome to
interact with us.  If you have an iOS device such as iPad, you
can download TC Conference app from the Apple App Store and
participate conc via voice chat or via text chat.
To go to Talking Communities chat room on your PC:
1.  If you have a mic, connect the microphone to your computer.
2.  Go to this address from your PC's web browser:
www.conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs12e65f29fafa
3.  IF you don't have TC Conference, download the conference plug
in.  Otherwsse, click "enter the room."
4.  Then type your name into username field and press ENTER.

Using iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch:
1.  Download TC Confe app.
2.  Launch the application, then enter the following:
* Address: www.blindcooltech.com
* Room ID: rs12e65f29fafa
* Username: Your name.
* Password: leave it blank.
Then tap Connect button.
The usage of TCConfe is for experimental purposes.
For those who don't have a computer yet use KeyChat: there will
be a person (for both sessions) relaying the chat room
conversation with you over KeyChat, so stay tuned.
I welcome anyone who are interested in learning about the
BrailleNote - whether you use it or not.  I would like to also
invite some HW staff, if their schedule permits to join us for
our chat.
Thanks, and see you in the chat on April 14th!
Cheers,
Joseph

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
braillenote-unsubscr...@list.humanware.com
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

___