Hello all,

I just tried this evening to use my braillenote Apex QT 32 running keysoft
9.2 as a braille  display for a computer running windows 7 64 bit with jaws
13, latest build. I followed the instructions on the humanware website,
installing the apex USB driver and the jaws braillenote display driver.
Unfortunately, upon reloading jaws, all speech stopped, jaws was not even
visible in the system tray when I checked with NVDA and jfw.exe in the
process list of taskmanager was nowhere in evidence. I restarted both jaws
and computer multiple times in order to attempt to fix this problem, however
I had no success. When I uninstalled the offending braillenote Jaws driver,
jaws suddenly began talking again, it's a miracle! So I am forced to
conclude that the truly uninspired programers at humanware have neglected
those of us who use 64 bit windows machines once again. Can anyone either
provide a fix for this problem or join me in sending a strongly worded
letter to the humanware development team, erging them to get it together.

Thanks for any help, but I am truly disheartened with the absolute lack of
use I have been able to get out of this product.

MJ

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
braillenote-unsubscr...@list.humanware.com
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote