Braille files with Spanish turned on or dot 4 + letter for accents have always worked fine for me. And so has 6-dot computer braille with key combinations set to uppercase table accent characters in Unicode. The machine thinks it's English if you do it the grade 2 dot 4 way, but as long as you don't mind the speech's pronunciation, it's fine. ;) In fact, I'm actually faster at understanding the speech this way, than using eloquence to read Spanish just because I've done it like that for years ... And am too lazy to switch between KeyNote Gold and Eloquence speech all the time..

Aine

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terri Pannett" <pa...@comcast.net
To: "Carlos" <carlos.lopez.1...@gmail.com>,<braillenote@list.humanware.com
Date sent: Wed, 2 May 2012 08:04:37 -0700
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Unable To read Spanish Text on the Braillenote

You must turn on Spanish and use the Spanish code. You must read it in uncontracted braille. You must also turn on 8 dot braille. You don't have
to translate the text into braille.

When you write accents, you must use the unicode tables and you must use text files. Using braille files and addign dot 4 before a letter isn't
correct.

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.