On 03/05/2012 03:23 AM, Marten Veldthuis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run Brakeman on our application, but it seems to just
> end up in an infinite loop (using 100% of one cpu core). I'm running
> brakeman in debug-mode to see what's going on, but that doesn't give
> enough information to track down what's happening. Anyone with ideas
> of how to begin debugging (this is the first time I'm trying brakeman)?

<snip>

Hi Marten,

I'm really sorry you have run into this problem, especially when first
trying Brakeman. I have not actually had anyone report issues with
Brakeman "hanging" at this particular point, so this is interesting.

Can you pull the latest code from
https://github.com/presidentbeef/brakeman and try again? (You can run
Brakeman directly from `bin/brakeman` if you don't want to
rebuild/install the gem). I've added more debugging output so you can
see which template is being processed and you should get a stack trace
when interrupting the process.

If it's still hanging, also try the `--no-branching` option.

-Justin