Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Glaze
Added by Nicole Hood [Peace4ever]

                on Apr 13, 2011

Nicole from Leesville, LA (pop. 6,612) says:
I made this recipe for my Momma on Mother's Day
last year! She is my best friend and my cooking mentor so I know she's
gonna love this Southern brunch :) These chocolate waffles are rich and
moist and the sweet cream cheese glaze and crunchy pecan topping makes
them a decadent and delicious meal that any mother would love!
Cook time: 20 Min   Difficulty:

Prep time: 20 Min   Serves: 4-5
Ingredients
- 1/4 c
unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2
eggs
- 1/3 c
vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c water
- 3 c
waffle mix
- 3 oz
cream cheese, softened  - 3
Tbsp powdered sugar
-
1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3
Tbsp milk
-
1/2 btl red food coloring (approx 25 drops)
- 1/2 c chopped pecans, lightly toasted
Try Diamond of California Nuts
Directions
1.   Heat up waffle maker. Mix waffle mix and eggs, water, and oil according to
pkg instructions.
2.   Add cocoa powder to waffle mix and blend.
3.   Add red food coloring slowly until you get the "red velvet" color you
want. Cook waffles in waffle maker. This will make 5-6 Belgian waffles
or 10 regular waffles.
4.   With a mixer blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla,
and milk. Pour glaze into a saucepan and warm on med-low. Stir
frequently.
5.   Serve Red Velvet Waffles with warm cream cheese glaze and toasted pecans
on top and a side of fruit and bacon. YUM!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: