Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------
On Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 at 8:21 PM, Stephen Hemminger
<step...@networkplumber.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Nov 2022 10:51:27 +0000
> Ali Shirvani via Bridge bridge@lists.linux-foundation.org wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > It seems we reach the Linux bridge limitation on the number of interfaces
> > in a single bridge. Currently, we have 210 tap interface in a bridge, and
> > we suffer from more than 50% packet loss when we ping the IP address of the
> > virtual machine that uses one of the tap interfaces in the bridge.
> > Do you know how we can connect more than 200 VMs virtual interfaces to a
> > bridge?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Ali
> >
> > Sent with Proton Mail secure email.
>

> The upper limit on interfaces per bridge should be 1023.
> That limitation comes from spanning tree.
>
> You might bet able to improve performance by disabling flooding to those tap
> devices.
> Normally, any broadcast/unknown/multicast must be copied and flooded to each
> interface.

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I disabled the spanning tree on the bridge with
`brctl stp br0 off` but the issue does not resolve. Would you please elaborate
more about disabling flooding on tap devices, I don't know how I should disable
flooding on tap devices.