> From: Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> From: "The Fool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > > From: Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > > From: "The Fool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > They won't have to.    Where does the compressed air come from?
> > > Your website says:
> > >
> > > "The designers of e.Volution say it will be possible to merely plug
the
> > > vehicle into any electrical power source to fill it up."
> > >
> > > Unless nuclear power makes as comeback, that means burning more
coal or
> > > oil.  Plus, since, IIRC, electrical power transmission has about
50%
> > losses
> > > to homes, we're talking about even more fuel being burned.
> >
> > You forget hydroelectricity & wind power.  It's more coal than gas,
so
> > the oil / gas cartel would oppose it.  It's also a good thing because
> > more oil can be used for things other than fuel, like plastics.
>
> No, I didn't forget.  We are tapped out on hydro in the western world.
We
> might be able to squeeze another 1% of the total electric energy
budget,
> but not likely.  There is some potential for additional hydro in the
third
> world, but its going to be pretty well spoken for with other increased
> electricity usage.  Any switch from gasoline to electricity will have
to be
> powered by conventional fuel plants. incremental use is
>
> As for wind, a good first order approximation is that it is a PR cost
for
> major oil companies and politicians.  It has to be highly subsidized to
> compete.
>
> Finally, OPEC has enough trouble just staying together.  A conspiracy
> stop a switchover to coal by stopping compressed air cars is just a bit
> much.  Indeed, all they would have to do is point out how much better
> natural gas is for the environment than coal.
>
> IMHO, articles such as this one shows the power of wishful thinking.

Every price increase for oil has a profound impact on the entire economy.
 Everthing that is made of plastic, beomes more expensive, and everthing
that is shipped , becomes more expensive.  Going to work becomes more
expesive, traveing by air is more expensive.  The transportation business
is the the foundation of the economy, everything that impacts the
transportation industry, like oil prices, impacts the entire economy that
is resting the foundation of the transportation industry.