On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:31:01PM -0500, Julia Thompson wrote:
> Jim Sharkey wrote:
> >
> > I'm afraid you're just going to have to get used to the games of "My
> > brain is bigger than yours" that we play here.  :-D
>
> My brain is probably smaller than most, but it's denser.  :D

Bischoff, one of the leading anatomists of Europe, thrived in the
1870s. He carefully measured brain weights, and after many years'
accumulation of much data he observed that the average weight of a
man's brain was 1350 grams, that of a woman only 1250 grams. This at
once, he argued, was infallible proof of the mental superiority of men
over women. Throughout his life he defended this hypothesis with the
conviction of a zealot. Being the true scientist, he specified in his
will that his own brain be added to his impressive collection.  The
postmortem examination elicited the interesting fact that his own brain
weighed only 1245 grams.  --Scientific American [March 1992]

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/