In a message dated 10/23/2002 1:10:38 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 The ships have to tap into hyperspace to land or take of. It is mentioned in
HR.
 One of the occupants aboard Harries station flying to Jijo piloted by Kaa on
the
 last shreds of hyperspace (I think it is Harry but not sure) is pondering
 whether the shipwrecked Jophur will be able to land without the attachment of
 galaxy 4 to hyperspace. There is also a mentioning that those shipwrecked
Jophur
 travelling in lifeboats, corvettes and the likes are approximatly two months
 behind Lucky Kaa while approaching Jijo orbit.

 Sonja >>

Ahhh. You know I've already emailed to Dr. Brin that I find that the trilogy
has more detail and more scene changes than The Lord of the Rings. There is
just too much to hold in memory after only two of three readings.

Now I thought the Rupture was mostly disrupting transfer points. Harry had to
slip through B space about 50 times to get from the transfer point to Jijo's
sun. Hyperspace still works (somewhat) after the rupture. I didn't think it
was going away entirely within Galaxy 4.

Unless someone has the time line all plotted out, I'll just have to wait
three weeks for Dr. Brin's answer. (I figure it'll take a week to get to low
priority answers.)

Meanwhile I'll think up something else stupid.

The Commons boo ships land on the moon. One of the Terran books they have is
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Can throwing rocks at the Jophur help? Can they
make a mile long non-tapering Traeki that adapts the g'Kek bio magnetism?

Thinking stupid thoughts is fun.

William Taylor