Matt said:  If we had proof and solid evidence and SHARED IT WITH
THE WORLD that Hussein is trying to make N/B/C WMDs and
planning on using them on people once they're ready, then
we would have the "moral right" to do what GWB describes.

I'd quibble even there. The fundamental point is that SH has very little way to reach out (his agents mostly defect). Moreover, he has no REASON to use an WMD on us, since it would result in his immediate death. The logic of a bully is to clutch such a weapon close and use it to STAVE OFF death.

The one time he's sure to use his WMD is if we attack openly and stupidly.

I am much more practical. I say let his guard go down a bit. Develop new technologies (see www.e-sheep/spiders) and remove from the world a problem we created. It's not a moral right, it's an obligation based on our own deep deep guilt.

SH is our creation, abetted by Bush Sr a dozen times.

But this is not the way.

The only moral right we have, IMHO to stop human rights
abuses in Iraq is to offer assylum, a safe and comfortable
place to live, and an easy escape to those people who suffer
at the hands of Saddam's regime.

I am much more warlike.  But I want to do it smart.

At this time, Bush has a stronger case for attacking
North Korea than he does Iraq.

Legally? You bet! Hell we're still at war with NK!

But no one wants to ignite that keg. In another generation, all their soldiers will be 4' 11" tall. Maybe then they'll calm down.