Yahoo! Online Games Contain Spyware

Posted by timothy on Sunday October 13, @08:54PM
from the peek-a-boo dept.
An anonymous reader writes "I just noticed that yahoo.com is offering
Civilization III for free, online. I figured it was too good to be true,
so I actually read the EULA. Guess what, yahoo is now distributing
spyware. The following is a cut and paste from their EULA: '5.Collection
and Use of Registration and Usage Information. In connection with your
use of the Applications on Demand Services, the installed software
contains an application for the collection of data pertaining to your use
of the Software and the operation of the Software. Furthermore, your
Service Provider will collect data regarding what Applications you use,
how long you use them and in which ways you use them (collectively, your
"Usage Information"). You hereby give your consent to direct retrieval by
Exent of the Usage Information collected by the Software and acknowledge
that the Service Provider has agreed to provide the Usage Information
gathered by it to Exent (without specifically identifying you). You agree
that Exent may use your Usage Information by aggregating it with the
Usage Information of other users of the Software to provide general
statistics about the Applications on Demand Services as well as for
purposes of making necessary adjustments and corrections in the Software
as shall be deemed it by Exent at its sole discretion.'"

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/02/10/13/2354251.shtml?tid=158