At 11:10 AM 11/1/2002 -0600 Julia Thompson wrote:
>I went and did early voting this morning.

Out of curiosity, given the events of the last two years, did you at all
consider the risk that your candidate might die between now and Tuesday,
thus invalidating your vote?    In other words, in your mind, does the
benefit of voting early outweigh the risk of losing your vote - or did you
simply not assess this risk?

>I voted for at least 1 candidate of each party represented on my
>ballot.  (And I did a write-in.)  :)  (No, there were no Reform Party
>candidates, just Rep.s, Dem.s, Lib.s and Greens.)

Also out of curiosity, and I will try to say this as nicely as possible -
do you think that it is a point of merit that you distributed your votes
across four different parties?   Actually, this is two questions:
 1) Do you consider it absolutely more good to have voted for candidates of
four different parties, than to have voted for candidates of only three,
two, or one party?
 2) Did you mention this because you expect people to look more favorably
upon you for having voted for candidates of four different parties?

I'm really not trying to be rude - but am trying to make an honest
assessment of your value judgements.

>If you are registered to vote in the US, be sure you vote on Tuesday
>(unless you do early voting like I did).  I don't care about *who* you
>vote for; even if you're in my precinct (which I don't think anyone is,
>unless there's a lurker living close by), or just in my state, and you
>vote against every single candidate I voted for, you should take
>advantage of your right to vote and have some sort of say in who
>represents you in your government.

Allow me to second that with a reservation.   If you live in the United
States, please take the time to learn about the candidates in Tuesday's
election and vote.   And if you live in the United States have learned
nothing about the candidates in Tuesday's elections by Tuesday, please do
not vote in the elections.

Yes, I asked certain people not to vote.

JDG   -  Who really isn't trying to be a contrarian just for the sake of
being a contrarian.
John D. Giorgis         -               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
People everywhere want to say what they think; choose who will govern
them; worship as they please; educate their children -- male and female;
 own property; and enjoy the benefits of their labor. These values of
freedom are right and true for every person,  in every society -- and the
duty of protecting these values against their enemies is the common
calling of freedom-loving people across the globe and across the ages.
                -US National Security Policy, 2002