At 06:42 PM 11/7/2002 -0800, you wrote:
I'm back, power is on, but it's really storming here.  Our first winter
storm of the season is a biggie.  There's rain and hail hitting my office
windows at rather high velocity.  Not much lightning, though, as is usual
around these parts.  The storm knocked down our TV antenna last night even
before the rain started.

If the list goes away again for a while tonight, ping my server.  If it's
not there, then I'm probably back off-line.  See
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p38cr/si.kmux.shtml

Had a little rehearsal for earthquakes there... my flashlight was in reach
(little one is going in my pocket for the evening now), battery needed to be
replaced in the emergency radio...  Lots of extra batteries available...
Wife's UPS failed, but all three of mine worked (or you wouldn't have seen
the warning e-mail.

Nick

Okay, I can understand your house, but unless you are using a satellite or microwave to transmit, how does the message get out? Maybe be very stupid question, but wondering about local telex or cable systems, ect ect.

Kevin T.
I'm in the dark most of the time anyway.