For the year, I am still doing well at 119-73 (.620) even though the Upset
Special fell through Chad Morton's arms on Monday night as the Jets fell to
the Raiders.   This week's Picks:

Even though Tampa crushed the Falcons in Atlanta earlier this season, and
should do it again now that they are at home and reeling from an upset in
New Orleans, with the Falcons remaining opponents being Seattle and Detroit
at home, followed by a road trip to a Cleveland team that figures to be
eliminated from the playoffs by the last week of the season, the Falcons
know that this is the biggest game they have left this year..... so, since
I can hardly abandon the Super Bowl express now, the pick is FALCONS!

Meanwhile, there are a string of other division remathces this week.   Give
me the BILLS in Drew Bledsoe's homecoming (and look for the Bills to then
loose to San Diego or Green Bay to be knocked out of the playoff race -
what can I say, I'm a Bills fan. :)    On the other hand, give me MartyBall
and the CHARGERS to upset the Raiders again.     Likewise, the TITANS will
redux their upset road win on their home turf.

In other games....
St. Louis lost at Kansas City in their prime, and now the Rams are reeling.
 So, I'll give the slight edge to the CHIEFS... and Terrell Owens will
probably refrain from his antics, but the NINERS will still win over
Dallas.

In a bit of an upset, I think that the RAVENS upsend the Saints on the
now-frozen tundra in Baltimore, and while I'm at it, why not take the
REDSKINS over the imploding and very-injured Giants.

In the who-knows, who-cares department, Carolina got their upset last week,
which must mean that it is the BENGALS turn this week.    The victims of
that Upset, the BROWNS will turn it around by upending Jacksonville.    On
the other side of the country, Arizona is presumably the first team to lose
by 49 points and then be a Vegas favorits the next week.   Give me the
LIONS who have about one less injury than the Cardinals.

Upset Special time - everyone is picking the Seahawks to win, but I don't
see it.   Give me AJ Feely and the EAGLES in Seattle.    The true UPSET
SPECIAL is the TEXANS getting their second franchise road win as the Zone
Blitz scheme of Dom Capers befuddles Kordell Stewart.

On Sunday night, look for the Vikings to run for the bus against the
PACKERS, as they cover a big spread against the Vikings.   On Monday night,
it certainly isn't Marino-vs.-McMahon to preserve the perfect season.
Instead, its Fiedler/Lucas vs. Miller/Chandler, depending on who is able to
suit up.   Hardly has the same ring to it.   I think we saw the last gasp
of the Bears last week in the first half against the arch-rival Packers, so
I'll look for the DOLPHINS to win big, I think.

JDG

John D. Giorgis         -               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
People everywhere want to say what they think; choose who will govern
them; worship as they please; educate their children -- male and female;
 own property; and enjoy the benefits of their labor. These values of
freedom are right and true for every person,  in every society -- and the
duty of protecting these values against their enemies is the common
calling of freedom-loving people across the globe and across the ages.
                -US National Security Policy, 2002