At 09:31 AM 12/10/02 -0600, Julia Thompson wrote:
Doug wrote:

> Erik Reuter wrote:
>

> >Wasn't planning on it, I work in components, not cables. By the way,
> >that article is more than 2 years old.  I remember reading about fibers
> >in sewers years ago. I didn't hear about it again -- I don't know if
> >they followed through with the idea.
> >

> Yea, well they probably give you a shitty connection.

Heck, you can get that even if they *don't* run the cables through the
sewers.  ;)

And even with a _good_ connection, still sometimes all you can find on-line is crªp . . .

;-b

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
--Dr. Jerry Pournelle