Is there a way to have Excel tell me the number of characters including spaces in a cell?
For example, row 1 column B might have: "utl-dbg4-emer ntly cls" (not including the quotation marks) and row 1 column C would show that this has 22 characters.

It seems like this would be a simple thing to do, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.

If there's not a built-in function to do this, how could it be done using a visual basic macro that would read all the rows in column B and then put the number of characters in the corresponding row of column C?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reggie Bautista