From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: bob
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:28:12 -0600

"Horn, John" wrote:

> > From: Julia Thompson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> > You know, that would be funnier if "Bob" as a religious figure hadn't
> > already been taken.  I'm reading the thing, and waiting for
> > the "slack"
> > punchline, and it never comes.  Highly irritating.
>
> Do you mean by the Rugrats?  ;-)

No, I mean what Adam posted.  The Church of the Subgenius has been
around longer than Rugrats.  (Maybe it's a homage to CoSg?)

Possibly?

Although this is the first I've heard about the Rugrats and Bob, I do know that the Rugrats have a number of Jewish holiday videos and there are Rugrats menorahs and holiday books. Religious Jews aren't supposed to say or write the name of God (It's either written 'G-d' in English or pronounced "Hashem" instead of the Hebrew word which is transliterated as Yahweh or Jehovah, but isn't pronounced that way in Hebrew.)

Perhaps the producers wanted to make sure they weren't offending religious Jews -- they have reached out to that audience.)

Jon