Sorry to send this to the list, but I'm checking on something odd that
happened to my last message.  (No, not the version I accidentally sent
under another, non-subscribed id.)

It looked like the list software stuck a gratuitous greater-than character
on everything before the last bit I quoted.  To test this, I'm typing these
two paragraphs with no greater-than characters, then I will post two lines
with two such characters at their beginnings.

>> Here's a line.
>> Here's another such line.

Thank you for your patience.

For those of you who've read this far, this reminds me of when I fed a
usenet cascade through a very basic speech program.  With all the ">> >
>>>" and variations, it started sounding like a chant:

Greater than
Greater than space
Greater than
Greater than space
Greater than space
Greater than
Greater than space
Greater than space

... which was obviously blasphemy to one raised on Star Trek.

End of test.  Again, apologies.
---
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *