Sorry for not formally sending my picks last week -
but I was packing my bags for a nice Florida vacation.
  So, here I am, under a palm tree on a warm winter
night on a small island off the cost of Florida - and
my thoughts turn again to my NFL picks.  I am 139-85
(.651) for the year, and the Upset Special is starting
to look good after the Texans took down the Steelers
and the Bills topped the Chargers - sending it to 9-6
on the year.

Anyhow, I like MIAMI to take control of the AFC East
by whipping the Vikings and Minnesota.   Likewise, I
see the NINERS taking their frustrations out from last
week's loss via a drubbing of the Cardinals.
Meanwhile, the EAGLES sohuld comfortably move past
Dallas.

In Green Bay, I'm starting to have to admit that the
Packers are for real - if only because their
incredibly soft schedule lets them stay goosed up for
the truly big games.  Nevertheless, I am going to go
with the homer pick, since the BILLS need it more, and
should be able to handle the cold weather.  Moreover,
the Packers lack depth at WR depth, which offsets the
Bills' lack of depth at corner.   With Donald Driver
shut down by Winfiled & Co., the Packers offense
should struggle.

Another tough place to play is Arrowhead, in Kansas
City, but with Priest Holmes on the bench, I like the
CHARGERS.

Less fearsome these days is Ericcson Stadium in
Charlotte, and as for the game - who knows? who cares?
  Well, the PANTHERS are at home vs. the Bears, so
give me the home team.  Elsewhere in the southeast,
I'll stay on that FALCONS bandwagon against the Colts,
and let me jump onboard that TITANS bandwagon at
Jacksonville.

Up in Washington, though, I sniff an upset with the
Texans in town, but in the end, I go with the
REDSKINS.   The UPSET SPECIAL is in Baltimore, where
the RAVENS upend the Browns, leaving the Ravens - who
have more rookies on the roster than the Texans in
contention for the division title!

 O.k. gimme the SAINTS in Cincy, and the COLTS over
the Giants.  In Oakland, the Broncos got whupped by
the RAIDERS at home on Monday night, and I can't see
them doing any better on the road.

On Sunday Night, I see the AFC Playoff picture
thickening as the JETS take out the Patriots in a
desperation game, and on Monday Night give me a mild
upset as the STEELERS take down the Bucs.

JDG

=====