At 12:31 PM 12/29/02 -0600, Robert Seeberger wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julia Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: SCOUTED: Segway scooter hot seller online

> Trent Shipley wrote:
>
> > Opinion:
> >
> > Given:
> > It is right and proper that the disabled be able to use powered personal
> > mobility devices in pedestrian traffic.
> >
> > Resolved:
> > Therefore, in the interest of equity, anyone should be able to use
powered
> > personal mobility devices wherever they are allowed.
>
> Caveat:  Most powered personal mobility devices used by the disabled, if
> not all, put the user's head at a lower height than the heads of
> full-grown pedestrians.  I will agree with your resolution *provided*
> that all powered personal mobility devices have the user's head at a
> lower level than the average full-grown pedestrian.

Is there any benefit to that?

Personally, I'd rather be able to see them from farther away, especially in
a crowd.

xponent
Almost Trips Over Wheelchairs Regularly Maru
rob

Bicycle flags.

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
        --Dr. Jerry Pournelle