From: "Andrew Crystall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Data indicates Trekkies not weird
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:01:57 -0000

On 31 Dec 2002 at 12:55, J. van Baardwijk wrote:

> Well, guess this makes it kind of official:
>
> LONDON, England (Reuters) -- The crew of the Starship Enterprise have
> sprung to the defense of Trekkies -- No, they are not obsessive
> weirdos who need to get a life.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/18/offbeat.trekkies.reut/ind
> ex.html

I bet.

I'm a hardcore scifi and I still maintain Trekkies are weird.
Hell, I'm involved in WRITING a couple of RPG's and I study
computer game design and I still maintain Trekkies are weird :P

*shrug*
Not all of us are weird. I know lots of ST fans who are much more normal than (as the article suggests,) your average football fan. I guess the difference falls somewhere between "watch the show" and "live the show."

Anyway, I have very close friends who are members of the SCA and they're *much* wierder and freakier than your average Trek fan. I'm sure my opinion will now prompt angry squawks from Tucson. :)

Jon
Of Course, MY idea of Roughing It is going without my DVD player

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf