At 05:23 PM 12/30/2002 -0600 Dan Minette wrote:
>Looking at N. Korea, I can envision a time where the government would be on
>the verge of collapse and they would, simultaneously, have 50 nukes.  Would
>it be irrational to roll the dice and threaten to use the nukes unless
>extortion money was paid by Japan?  Or to invade the South conventionally,
>and tell the US to stay out of it unless they want LA to glow?

If North Korea had 50 nukes, and Al Qaeda offered North Korea a large sum
of money for one of the nukes, does anyone think that North Korea would
turn it down?   After all, how could anyone trace the source of the nuclear
weapon or distinguish its orgin from being in N Korea vs. in Russia vs.
Iran etc.?   I'm guessing that the origins of a nuclear weapon would be
very hard to trace once a city like Norfolk or Bellingham is smoldering in
ruins.

JDG
John D. Giorgis         -               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
People everywhere want to say what they think; choose who will govern
them; worship as they please; educate their children -- male and female;
 own property; and enjoy the benefits of their labor. These values of
freedom are right and true for every person,  in every society -- and the
duty of protecting these values against their enemies is the common
calling of freedom-loving people across the globe and across the ages.
                -US National Security Policy, 2002