--- Nick Arnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How is this measured?  Seems to me that potential
> assassins in this country
> are more motivated by the idea killing the president
> than by any political
> beliefs.  Crazy people usually aren't able to hold
> rational political ideas.
>
> Nick

Al Q'aeda is who I was thinking of.  There hasn't been
an organized attempt to kill the President since
Abraham Lincoln, but according to the Washington Post
the best information we have is that the fourth plane
on 9/11 was targeted at the White House.  Al Q'aeda
has a historical tendency to keep going after the same
targets until they destroy them.  In my assessment the
White House is probably their highest priority target,
and so Bush faces a higher security threat than any
President since Lincoln.

Gautam