George A wrote:
I know these kinds of questions have undoubtable been asked before, but I'm
new and curious.  What are your favorite books by the authors on this list?
Brin: _The Uplift War_? _Startide Rising_? _Earth_? This is a really tough one, but probably one of those three.

Bear: Ah, an easy one :-) Definitely _Blood Music_. But then again, I have a soft spot for biotech and nanotech.

Benford: _Artifact_. Probably not his best work, but then again, I'm a sucker for archeological fiction :-)

Baxter: I think the only Baxter I've read is _The Light of Other Days_, co-written with Arthur C. Clarke.

Vinge: _Marooned in Realtime_. But I haven't read _A Deepness in the Sky_ or _A Fire Upon the Deep_ yet.

Oh, and since you mentioned your military background in Korea, a buddy of mine wanted me to ask if they ever got around to giving the 8th Army HQ (the one with the nice golf course) to the South Koreans?

Reggie Bautista
So Many Books, So Little Time