From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 4:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: We Want Your Online Dating Stories...

Hi, gang!!

Given the mixed nature of the topics in this List, and the possible
cumulative
knowledge of the members of this list, I thought I'd like to start the
following thread... ;-)

I teach a Computer Science course, and I'm asking my students to
research on
the topic of "The Pros and Cons of Online Dating".

What does that have to do with Computer Science?  Well, I like to keep
the
topics in my class fresh and up-to-date.  I like to bring in, from time
time, unusual stuff that you probably can't find in a textbook, but
which
constitutes an essential part of day-to-day computing.

Anyway, this is where I'm going to...

* Did you found the love of your life online? Or..

* Do you have an online dating horror story you wish to share?

* Do you have advice that you would like to give those poor, young souls
that
are venturing into the wild frontier of the Internet dating sites?

* Have you heard a story and you think it's relevant?  Then, by all
mean, sound
off.

I want to be able to share them with my kids. They're High School
Seniors. They
can handle almost anything.

* Incidentally, if anyone out there knows of any particular website that
may
have information on how "Online Dating" got started (a history of
sorts), I'll
appreciate it.

My kids and I thank you in advance.

JJ