That's a bit unusual, so perhaps you should review your CD burner settings.

> Now, before I go try and install it on my laptop (which already
> has Windows
> 98 SE, Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 Professional installed), is there
> anything I should know? Hints, tips, suggestions? Warnings? Can I just go
> ahead and install it, or do I need to reformat my harddisk, then install
> RHL and then reinstall the various Windows versions?

You'll need space for Linux partitions, so unless you already have free
space on a disk, you'll have to either start over with formatting or delete
a partition large enough to make room for the Linux partitions.  One of the
difficult questions will be how many partitions and how much space to
allocate to each partition.  The Red Hat installer will give you a default
arrangement, will probably will be fine if you're mostly aiming at getting
familiar with Linux.  Unless you're already using a good bootloader, you'll
probably want to use the one that Red Hat will install, which I think is
LILO for RH 7.2.

> LEGAL NOTICE:
> By replying to this message, you understand and accept that your replies
> (both on-list and off-list) may be published on-line and in any
> other form,
> and that I cannot and shall not be held responsible for any negative
> consequences (monetary and otherwise) this may have for you.

No, no, a thousand times no.

Nick