At 10:29 PM 2/3/03 -0700, Trent Shipley wrote:

No, no, no. Spend the money on *social science*, well some of it...a billion,
half a billion. Do you know how much basic economics and sociology you can
do with 250 million dollars? Just think of how much less we would need to
spend on police and how much healthier our neighborhoods would be

… if we spent that $250,000,000 buying and distributing low-cost paperback Bibles, for example.

-- Ronn! :)

Almighty Ruler of the all,
Whose Power extends to great and small,
Who guides the stars with steadfast law,
Whose least creation fills with awe,
O grant thy mercy and thy grace,
To those who venture into space.

(Robert A. Heinlein's added verse to the Navy Hymn)