From: "Reggie Bautista" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Chapter by Chapter summary/discussion of a different Brin book?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:25:02 -0600

Jon wrote:

I was thinking that perhaps I would try and pick up the slack where JDG
left off and volunteer to try my hand at a chapter by chapter summary of
a Brin book of the list's choosing.

So, I have a couple of questions and requests before I volunteer:

a) Which book would we like to review and discuss next?  (I'm not
interested in finishing Glory Season's review, frankly.  It's the only
DB book I never liked.)
How about _Kiln People_? It's been out in paperback in the U.S. for a month now, so I'm certain everyone on the list has a copy by now. Right? :-)
LOL. Well it has about a hundred chapters, so I'd definitely post more frequently. :)
*grin*

b) Would a summary/review of a non-Brin book be of interest to anyone?
I'm probably most comfortable with DB, but am willing to give it a shot.
:)
Maybe one of the Banks "Culture" books? I've been looking for a good excuse to move some of those up higher on my "to buy eventually" list...
;-)
I'd personally vote for either Excession or Consider Phlebas. :) Both of them are good starting points for a Culture intro. Pleeeeeease not Feersum Enjinn! :)

Jon