My condolences, too, David.  Took me a few minutes to realize what this was
about (I was laid very low with food poisoning on Wednesday), but when I
did, it took me back immediately to the memory of your words to the woman
who presented you with her poetry so beautifully and unexpectedly at Plugged
In.  You were encouraging and practical, which surely is as good a trick as
being both an investigative journalist and a poet.  I don't quite recall the
words, but I know that you introduced your father to us as well as I can
imagine he would ever have wanted.  I can't recall another time I got such a
strong sense of someone I never met.

Blessings.

--
Nick Arnett